A small percentage of people who commit to an extended juice cleanse—typically 30 days or more—may experience an increase in hair loss. Others, however, report improved hair quality commenting on extra shine and thickness. If hair loss is worrying you, check that you are consuming enough protein and essential fatty acids, and that you are getting enough minerals, such as zinc. Green juices are particularly rich in protein, and we encourage you to make them a cornerstone of your Reboot plan. For Reboots longer than 15 days, we also recommend that you add plant-based protein additives to your juice. Many pea-based protein powders also contain supplemental minerals, such as zinc, and provide important amino acid building blocks for protein.
Articles in this section
- I don’t want to lose weight but want to introduce juice into my diet
- I'm really struggling
- How do I keep the weight off after a Reboot?
- What kind of foods do I eat after my Reboot?
- How do I know when it’s time to transition out of my Reboot?
- Why am I bloated and putting on weight?
- I feel weak and have low energy. What should I do?
- Is vomiting normal?
- I have nausea/stomach aches/heartburn. What should I do?
- Every time I start juicing I experience symptoms of the common cold. Why is that?